[alfa] GTV headlight connector

While investigating a flaky headlight on my '74 GTV 2000 today, I noted that there's some sort of connector or fitting where the wiring passes from the fender area into the headlight bucket (it's the same on both sides, so I assume that's original). These connectors are both toast on my car. They appear to have once been white or grey plastic or hard rubber, but now are soft, puffy, and look and feel like toasted marshmallows. They are also as effective as marshmallows at holding the high and low beam spade connectors in place where they pass through the sheet metal, which was my problem. Anyone know if these are still available someplace, or there's a generic replacement, or should I just find some suitable bulkhead type electrical grommet and do this the modern way? I've found what I think are suitable modern fittings that would suffice from McMaster-Carr, but I'd have to cut the original wiring to make that work (which probably isn't such a bad idea by now anyway, since I really should add relays while I'm at it). Thoughts from anyone who has been there and done that before? TIA,

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'74 GTV 2000