[alfa] DCOE float level settings

I know float level settings have come up on both the Alfa Digest and the 750-101 Digest, but...two measurements are given in the information I have - A (in this case) 8.5 and B 15.0 (in millimeters) with the "stroke" logically a difference between the two - 6.5 mm.

Apparently I like to confuse things, but for me, there are three measurements (a) Float hanging down (b) float just touching the spring loaded ball bearing at the end of the fuel cut off needle (float needle) and (c) when the floats have been completely raised - as in the ball bearing is now pushed upward (by the pressure of the rising fuel level on the twin float bowels).

I assume my (a) is B - 15.0 mm and my (b) is A - 8.5 mm - and one isn't supposed to concern themselves with my (c).

Is this correct?

Trying to button up the car either this evening or in the a.m.

If answer is Yes - good 'nuff. If no, please explain.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

If one takes their measurements by the stick in the gas tank method the fuel level measured from the deepest section which would be towards the engine is 1 & 13/64" or about 38.5 mm. They're 40 DCOE's.