[alfa] Re: "Uniquely" colored Alfa on EBay

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:26:11 -0700
From: "Jay Mackro" <jmackro@domain.elided> wrote:
Mature audiences may want to surf on over to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2491768811&rd=1
&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

and check out the "Mary Kay" Alfa spider.  But, be warned - this
may prove to be shocking for of the purists on the Digest.  I guess
I shouldn't joke about it too much - as of this posting, 8 people
have bid on the thing - perhaps including a few Digesti.

Note that you need to copy the ENTIRE URL given above - if
your email viewer breaks it across two lines, you will need
to reassemble it in your browser.

Jay Mackro
San Juan Capistrano, Calif.

This car was sold on Ebay last November 23rd in Vero Beach, Florida.  At
that time and sensing a great Alfa Romeo promotional opportunity, I took
it upon myself to contact the Mary Kay Corporation in Dallas, Texas.
Giving all the particulars including my opinion that many of the
saleswomen would be willing to kill for such a unique prize was met with
"We would never buy a car like that - we buy Fords"!  Oh well, pearls
before swine.

BTW, Jay, you're missed in Missouri.

Graham L. Davis