Re: [alfa] alfa-subaru connection

Okay, I will throw my two cents into the pot now.

I can back up Ales's claims that the 164Q4 drivetrain was NOT Subaru
derived, and that it was and still is a technical marvel (from which
Alfa never recuperated monetarily), but do so with words from an
interview with Giorgio Guefli and Giorgio Pianta
"The new Visomatic system, developed by Alfa in collaboration with
Austrian Steyr-Puch firm..." The engineer continues further with
techno-babble about the computer controlled vicous coupling, an
epicycloid, and how the 155DTM (420hp N/A 2.5l engine) car influenced
the design of the 164Q4 drivetrain's "same conceptual framework".

From Novembre 1993 issue of Quattroruote.

-Jeff