RE: [alfa] Turbodelta GTV Fender Flares

I've spoken to a few people in the Italian car parts game
here in Australia, and finding parts like these is always
possible if you are willing to pay for it.

The problem is, a lot of people regard such parts as worth
more in their "new old stock" state, rather than mounted
and used on a car. It is a real shame...

I queried the list sometime ago about some Alfasud Autodelta
parts that came into my hands (mostly intake manifolds, not
the wheel arch set I really wanted!). A parts dealer I know
of actually knows someone in Italy with a complete Alfasud
Trofeo Cup modification set. New, unused, in its original
packaging. He said that he tried to buy it for himself 3
years ago, but he wanted well over $20,000Aus for it!

When the set was officially available, it was about $6000Aus
when the Alfasud itself was $7000Aus. It's really no different
to buying a new Alfa 156 now and spending $50,000Aus. on it for
the race track.

Perhaps the best way to go about this would be to obtain
some detailed photos of the extensions and have a go at
building them yourself from sratch...

~Benjamin

Does anybody out there know where somebody might find a
set of Alfetta GT Turbodelta GR4 wheelarch extentions?
You know, the ones with the obvious rivets and without
the air scoops for the rear brakes.

I imagine they made exactly as many as needed and that
was that, but I thought I would check with the Digest.
Perhaps a spare set is collecting dust on a shelf some-
where in Italy ...?

Regards
Tom