[alfa] Timing Belt Longevity

For what it's worth (and not that I ever advised anyone to follow my example)
my personal timing belt "record" on a 164 was 72,000 miles. I was too busy
driving it every day to change the belt. This is the same car that at 152,000
miles still has the original starter, alternator, A/C compressor etc etc and
has never had the heads off. Oil consumption 1/2 quart every 1000 miles,
compression 150-160 psi in every cylinder. Without a doubt, the best car I've
ever owned!
Joel Hailey
Denver CO