Re: [alfa] Air Flow Meter

You should be able to repair your AFM.  Carefully remove the black cover by prying around the perimeter and cutting between the seal as needed.  There is a sweeper that has some small contacts that slides along a carbonized surface.  Slide some emory cloth between the rotating contact and the plate and clean up carefully.  Both the contacts and the carbon plate.  You can then check for continuity with an Ohm meter as you rotate the flap across the whole area.
Then, simply silicone-RTV the cover back on and you should now be set to go.
Let me know if you have any more questions.  It is possible that this won't work and that you have a more serious problem, but typically this is the issue (wear and cleanliness of the contacts).

--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL