[alfa] Re: 120 mph Speedo

The 2 part cable on Bosch Spiders is to accommodate a counter that is
used to keep track of the service reminder for the O2 sensor (IIRC -- it
could be some other sensor, it's 30K miles anyway).  The little gears
are plastic and they wear out.  The easiest solution is to simply
replace both the upper and lower cable with the longer one piece cable
that was used on the pre-Bosch Spiders and bypass the box.  I did that
on my '83 and I'm debating whether I could remove the counter box and
mount a remote oil filter there to make oil changes much, much easier.

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider
'87 Milano