RE: [alfa] Re: Insurance esp. Alfettas

> I'm thinking the other direction; push the insurance to pay $4 - 6K in
> repairs if needed, instead of cashing out $2500 for an
> Alfetta. The ads for expensive Alfettas is just some
> justification for that. It may not work in every situation.

I'm at odds with most of the digest when it comes to insurance, I think.  My
personal belief is to self insure as much as you can, keep the money in your
own pocket and out of the hands of the insurance companies.

You want to push up the insurance value of the cars, then you're also going
to push up the premiums.  I'd rather not do that.  In fact, I go the
opposite way, dropping all glass coverage, and raising deductables to the
max.  In the 4-6 cars I keep registered and insured at any given time, I've
saved enough money over the past 10 years to replace any one of them.

Regardless, I don't see how any company can 'total' a car for less than
replacement value, whether you've got an agreed price policy or not.

bs