[alfa] Mo MarelliPlex questions

Those of you with 100% reliable MarelliPlex units, could you please, take it apart and tell me the manufacturer's name on the control module (the thing under the MarelliPlex coil)?

This is a poll to find out if the GM version of the control module is more reliable than the Marelli one.

Right now I have one module made in Taiwan which failed within four miles, two GM ones, one of which is acting like the Taiwanese version and the other which is somewhat more sporadic in its cutting out. However just stole one - the Marelli version - from the unit I intend on eventually installing in the '69 Spider (okay, a glutton for punishment) and so far, it has gone about 12 miles without any failures. True, it was a nippy 85 degrees at the time rather than the usual 95 degrees, but still...12 miles uninterrupted without needing to roll down window, wave dramatically, and of course, meanwhile turning on the emergency flashers as I push away nasty SUV's and 18 wheelers (size wise, virtually the same thing) to get to the other side of the road - though we call roads "Freeways" out here in the far West.

Someone, lo those many moons, ago sent me, in essence, a wiring diagram for the MarelliPlex. It also included the correct air gap for the distributor end of the unit. Need this info if that person, or someone who looks a lot like him could send it to me.

From the other posts lately, I'm not the only Alfa driver in the world who is suffering from cutting out, but doesn't it just suck to the max having to creep along in the truck lanes so one can pull over at the drop of a volt or amp (though whatever each of them actually mean in real life terms is beyond comprehension)?

Thanking all of you in advance for your erudite input into this burning matter,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA