[alfa] re: Insurance esp. Alfettas

Alfetta Cats,

With our cars being some of the most undervalued of Alfas,
I've thought that protecting them in advance with a clever
plan is a good idea. Having clipped adds in advance of
dealing with an insurance company that is trying to total it
for a couple of thou is pretty easy. Listen to this -

I thought of this one day when paging through the ads of
AutoWeek a few years ago. I came across a pristine
Alfetta GT for $35,000. Whaa?? I thought. Obviously some
one got over stimulated by zeros. I clipped the ad just
to keep it for fun. Then it hit me. If a group of Alfetta owners
coordinate just a couple of well placed ads each per year, we
could get 10 or more ads nationwide for Alfettas anywhere
from $9K to $16K. Some in large prints like Hemmings, and
some in local papers. The local guys will then purchase several
papers and send them to the others. Everyone builds a
stash of ads.

This can go on indefinitely, so that the ads remain fresh.
You can just think of it as extra insurance. And if someone
calls you, tell them it's sold (or take the money!!!).

It can work. Anyone interested? Too bad Dan P. doesn't
have that Alfetta list going around anymore.

Stefano
Walnut Creek, CA