[alfa] Alfa Romeo Actual Cash Value

The discussion of Karlss rear-ended GTV6 raises the question of what an insurance company will pay for a "totaled" vehicle, which is, of course, a question of what its "Actual Cash Value" is, which should be what a willing buyer will pay a willing seller.  One suspects that NADA data is of little use for Alfas, because of the relatively small number of our cars, and the probability that many sales are non-dealer transactions that will not get into the NADA data base.  The asking prices that one finds in Owner ads is interesting, but easily refuted  you do not know whether there ever was a sale, or the agreed price.

So, perhaps we Alfisti should collaborate to build a database of the value of our cars based on actual transactions - collect reports of Alfa sales, and build a database that Alfa owners could use as evidence of ACV.
Does this sound useful?
Could AROC do this?

Dave Martin
'87 Spider