Re: [alfa] DC/MD/NoVA Body work

In AD V10-321, Dan Pearson asked about body shop options for his Milano Verde, which had been damaged by a neighbor apparently lacking a sense of social responsibility.

Although Dan didn't ask about replacement panels, I thought I'd post the following information from a vendor whom I found very helpful.  I too am having some bodywork done to my '87 Verde; the front fenders were badly repaired by a previous owner and the paint started peeling off the bondo beneath.  My body shop (after seeing photos of the damage) suggested that it might be cheaper to replace the fenders than to repair them, given the cost of labor.  So I began a search for new Milano fenders.

Mike Besic of Besic Motorsports fame referred me to Dean Russel, who as many here may know runs Trail Auto in Michigan.  Dean did a little research and found that he could get fenders from Italy for a good price, even after shipping was factored in.  They are for the Euro 75, and have mounting holes for indicators which would need to be filled for a US Milano, which has the indicators on the bumper assembly.  Dean even found some drawings of the indicators so I would know what I was up against.  The Verde also needs the small brackets for the wheel arch extensions, but those should be easily rivited in place.

To cut a long story short, my body shop was kind enough to come look at my Verde at my home, and decided that my original fenders were good enough to be worth repairing.  So I did not end up purchasing from Dean.  But I wanted to post this firstly to thank Dean for his helpfulness and secondly to make US digesters aware of a source for Milano panels which are by all accounts no longer available in this country.  Dean can be reached at 800-445-ALFA  (800-445-2532).

Dave J.
1987 Milano Verde
1964 2600 Sprint
1982 GTV6 (deceased parts car - need anything?)