RE: [alfa] Rear suspension 69 spider

David wrote:

"I am assuming that belts that limit the downward motion of the rear wheels
need to be removed so that the wheel drop far enough to remove the springs.
If so, I would like to find out how the belts are removed. "

It's easy to do, as you'll see when you remove the rear wheels.  The limit
straps have a metal plate with four small bolts through, overlapping the two
ends of the straps.  Unbolt, and they come apart, releasing the rear axle.
Regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ