[alfa] Ignition missing after hot.

I have had a nagging problem with my '81 Spider.
Whenever I drive over approx 40 minutes, shorter time
on very hot days, the engine starts missing, if I
continue to drive eventually the car is undriveable.
If I let the car sit for awhile, 30 min or so, I can
start back up and drive another 15-20 minutes before
going through the same scenario. I also noticed that
the temp gauge noses up to around 212. (I have replace
the thermostat twice, the first was from Napa and
didn't quite fit right, the second was Alfa part.)
I was focused on the ignition system and have
basically replaced all the electrical components but,
I'm beginning to wonder if the real problem hasn't
been fuel related all along.  BTW, the '81 Spider is a
Spica car. I just found out that my fuel pressure
warning light is out, a PO had swapped the position of
the warning light with the oil pressure warning light,
which happily glows momentarily every time I start.  I
am shopping around for a new fuel pressure sensor, and
may find that I am loosing fuel pressure, if so how
would the operating temp or better ambient temp be
related to fuel pressure??

Any thoughts, ideas or tips on diagnosing would be
greatly appreciated.

Tom
'81 - '85 Spider
Central Coast CA