[alfa] badge glue

The chrome metal  "spider veloce" badge, located on the side of the front
fender just aft of the wheel well, came off the other day while I was washing my
87 Spider. It glues directly to the paint and there is glue residue left on
the paint. I wander if anyone can recommend the  proper glue to put the badge
back on. Also, is there anything that will remove the old glue residue without
damaging the paint? Thanks in advance,
Mike Morgan
Atlanta, Georgia