RE: [alfa] re re re no more than 5000 rpm

Alan,

> First, a non Alfa question. If you look at the address
> portion of the header, I have sent this to two different Alfa
> Digest addresses. Are they both good? Or is there a preferred one?

The yahoogroups address is bogus.  The alfa@domain.elided address is all you
need.

> I have now checked fuel pressure up to and including the
> "cut-off" point of 5000 rpm. It's fine, nothing changes as
> the engine begins to sputter. I am curious, however as to why
> the pressure goes up from some 30 psi to about 45 psi as I
> rev the engine up. Is there some signal to the pressure
> regulator or pump that tells it to increase pressure as rpm's go up?

Doesn't sound normal to me.  Sounds like you've got a bad ground somewhere.

> It has been suggested that the problem may be electrical in
> nature--that somehow the drain on the electrical system goes
> up as the rpm's do and therefore we lose spark. How would I
> check that?

I think another digester recommended you clean the injector grounds.  With
any V6, I'd absolutely clean and detail those, plus any connections to any
senders at the front of the motor, plus any grounds in the engine
compartment in general.  There are so many V6 problems caused by one or more
of those connections going bad, I'd almost always start there first.

Dumb question, but have you checked your timing?

bs