[alfa] Popping sound in exhaust

I'm noticing a subtle popping sound after taking my foot off of the gas
peddle while running the Spider.  It sounds nice, but I'm wondering if
it's a misfire.  I remember hearing a bang a while back, but nothing on a
routine basis.  If it is misfiring, what do I have to do to fix the
situation.  I did put a lower octane gas in, but have since gone back to
the regular stuff.  The sound does not occur when the car is idling, only
in gear and moving. Any assistance would be appreciated.

AJ in NJ
86 Graduate