[alfa] GTV challenges, part 2

Howdy

Having managed the carbs on the GTV, we are off to the two new areas of concern: dragging front brakes and fuel smell.

The fuel smell is ...annoying. I have traced the fuel hoses from the gas tank all the way to the carbs, with no detectable leaks/wetness. However, when I put th ecar in the garage, after a few hours, the house smells like a gas station. Furthermore, when I open the trunk, it smells a tad more, but once again, no leaks... Are there any vents/hoses I may be forgetting? The whole system does not seem *that* complicated...

The brakes is one area I can use people's experiences. The front brakes are dragging, especially the passenger side. When I drive the car, approaching a light while coasting, I do not really need to hit the brakes -- the car will stop on its own. All hoses seem to be in decent shape, the master cylinder appears ok (visually -- did not really feel any mushiness on the pedal), the pads are almost new, and the disks are somewhat "weathered" but also not bad. I am guessing that I have either bad seals in the calipers, or bad calipers all together, or a bad master cylinder. Not wanting to re spend all my $$$ right away, is there a way I can isolate the problem area?

As always, thank you in advance,

Spiros
'73 GTV