[alfa] Interesting Stumblings

Hello Fellow Alfaholics

So now that I've passed smog I'm finally relieved enough to move on. Here's my latest problem: When I'm working up through the gears, I can redline like crazy no problem. I can also drive at 5500 in 3rd (or below) all the live long day, not that I do. But in the top two gears, whenever I get over 4000 or so, it's like the police installed something to keep me from speeding too much. I start to lug and get some hesitation, and I can't even get it over 90mph. Recent changes include plugs, wires, and a slight timing change to bring down my hydrocarbons. Known problems include blown suspension/motor/transmission mounts. Haven't overheated yet, haven't done anything horrible, this just... happened. Any BTDT, you're stupid, or other helpful comments?

Oh yeah, and sometimes after a semihard drive, my idle drops from a perfect 750 down to around 100 or so, but it revs fine when it's in this situation, just tries to kill itself at idle. This drop is only after I turn the car off then back on.

TIA
Ben Kaupp, Santa Cruz
'78 Spider (hiding in Santa Cruz with all the other Alfas, I see 3 a day at least)