RE: [alfa] No Alfas on road in US

It's because all the Alfa drivers were in their Jeeps....

;)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Watry, Andrew (LNG-SFR)
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 1:38 PM
To: 'alfa-digest@domain.elided'
Subject: [alfa] No Alfas on road in US

I just completed a 3500-mile tour by Jeep Grand Wagoneer through California,
Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Washington, Montana, and Wyoming, and saw not one Alfa
the entire way.  At the Bonneville Salt Flats I unfortunately missed Bonnie
by hours, and did see a tube-frame small-block Chevy car with a modified
Spider body, but that's not really an Alfa.

Total Italian car count for the entire trip was three Fiat Spiders (one of
which was on a trailer) at various points and a Ferrari 328GTS in Spokane.
Admittedly I didn't hit the metropolitan areas, but jeez, I didn't expect to
see no Alfas at all.  Lots of Jeep Grand Wagoneers, and more big BIG diesel
pickups than you can shake a stick at.  That seems to be the vehicle of
choice in the West.

Andrew Watry