[alfa] '88 Spider Quad - no spark, follow-up

  OK, I got it started (tranny sensor wires were inverted and also had 3-4
spark plug wires mixed, thank you!) and drove it a little and it just quit
running.  A couple of points I observed were: 1- It seemed to run fairly rough
and underpowered when driving, but idled alright, but when slowing down after
driving a short (block or less) distance, it tended to die out; i.e. almost
quit running and take a lot of pedal to get it running at speed again.  2- The
exhaust was really hot, like I could barely put my hand on the metal inside
the trunk where the pipe goes over the rear axle.
  After getting it pushed back to my garage (only about 2 blocks, thankfully)
I started looking things over and found the in-line 10-Amp fuse behind the
passenger seat, next to the ECU, was burnt out.  Replaced it (holding it with
the fuse exposed) and turned the key to position-1, no problem.  Turned to
position-2, no problem.  Turned to "start' position and the fuse momentarily
overheated, then cooled down, but the engine would not start (still turned
over).  Hit the start again and the fuse burned out immediately.
  Any ideas?  I'm thinking [I]maybe[/I] the fuel pump??  I'd welcome any and
all guidance on this one.  Thanks everyone!

Dan Lewis
Bellevue, NE
'88 Alfa Spider Quadrifoglio (red, of course)