[alfa] RE: 164 clutch dampener

Hello,
Is it possible there may be another cause for his stiif and lagging clutch pedal other than dampener?

I recently drove a 91L here in the US and the clutch was very heavy much heavier (harder to push in) than my 92L and slow to return. But the clutch did engage strong and felt perfect when engaged.

As I was test driving to see how it ran I accelerated quickly in first gear then pushed in clutch quickly shifted to 2nd took my foot off the clutch and pushed on the accelerator. The engine would up wildly because the pedal had not come back yet to engage the clutch so it revved freely. I personally was stumped as to what the probelm was and was hoping this thread was on its way to an explaination.  BUt as far as I can tell folks are saying the 164L didn't have a dampener. Is this correct?

If not could it be the slave cyclinder? It does seem more like its mechganical or something or that its the wrong fluid. I'm baffled but the car is almost undriveable as it is unless you are really patient. I felt like I was driving a 300e or something. It was if it wanted to make sure I really wanted to go fast :)

TIA,
Clint