[alfa] The gauge that cried wolf

For what it is worth, when I had my 77 Spider, I found that the
mechaincal oil pressure gauge that IAP sold fit nicely into the bezel of
the OE oil pressure gauge.

On the subject of instrumenting parts of the car that are best left
un-instrumented, I can tell you that when I was racing my GTV6 in ITS, I
"cleverly" drilled and tapped the fill plug on my transaxle to take a
temperature sender, and put a transmission temp gauge on the dash.  I
found (to my horror) that it would work its way up to well beyond the
upper limit of the gauge (270 degrees F), and stay there.  Since I wasn't
running a transaxle cooler, there was nothing to do but keep driving.

-Al