[alfa] 164 clutch damper experience

When I did my clutch job I was thinking should I get a new damper or run
without it.

I decided not have damper installed as advised by others.  The result is now
my foot has to do the work of damper.  I have to release the clutch also
control/coordinate the gas pedal with it smoothly and slowly.  Otherwise I
will have very jumpy start.

Also I can no longer release the clutch very fast like I used to.  Otherwise
the engine almost die on the spot even if I give it full gas pedal at same
time.

Simply put, the reason I can just "dump" the clutch is because the damper is
doing the smooth release for me. Without it my foot has the do the damping.
It is true that I feel 164's clutch damper is a bit stronger than say VWs
and BMWs, most of time I never feel their existence on my VW or BMW, but
easily felt on my 92 164S.  Maybe I can put a BMW damper on my 164.

Karl