[alfa] Pertronix Part Numbers

Cats,

Pertronix ignitions haven't been discussed much here, but I hope there
are some knowledgeable people here. I'm wondering about the different
versions for the Bosch distributor. I just received my new Pertronix
ignition
for my 74 GTV, part number: 1847V. That is the one indicated for most
Alfas including the 74 GTV/Spider/Berlina.

I popped the hood over the weekend and found that the part number
on my distributor is 0.231.178.006. A Bosch distributor that is indicated
separately from the other Alfa Pertronix kits and gives a part number of:
2845.

My question is, does anyone know the difference between these kits
well enough to know if we are talking about different wire length, or
grommet size, OR if it is more serious, like mounting screws for the
module, or shaft diameter for the magnetic sleeve?

I wanted to ask the digest before contacting the parts supplier for
a replacement.

I tried the Crane XR700 kit several years ago, but couldn't get it to
work right with this distributor. I was going to replace it with a Marelli
distributor that I had on hand, but my mechanic said my existing one
has such a nice advance curve, I shouldn't. So I put the points back in
and resolved to figure it out one day. I've been reading such good things
about the Pertronix, that I want to give that a try.

Thanks,
Stefano
Walnut Creek, CA