RE: [alfa] Bonnie at Bonneville?

Yes,
Bonnie had trouble but we prevailed and brought home two records. We could
not run Jim Steck's turbo twin spark 2 liter engine. We did run our plan "B"
engine the NA twin spark engine and achieved records in both 2 liter
classes. Those are G/GMS and G/FMS, the first G is for engines up to two
liters, the second G and the F are for gas and fuel respectively and the MS
is for modified sport. Note that although we ran in the fuel class we used
gas for both records. Mike Besic set the fuel record at 159.112 mph and
later Craig Bielat set the gas record at 163.441 mph. We had and great group
of Alfa people from around the country and plans are being made to go to the
World Finals at Bonneville in October. At that time we hope to set records
in the "blown" class G/BGMS and improve upon Bonnie's record of 203.108 in
G/BFMS. Hopefully Darren Besic, our team scribe, will post his blow by blow
account of our amazing adventure at Bonneville Speed Week 2004. Look for a
photo gallery in the near future on the Chicago AROC site,
http://www.caroc.com.

John Katos