[alfa] brake light upgrade?

Hi Group:

I stumbled onto this site while searching for something unrelated, but found it interesting:

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/BLSM/blsm.asp

I'm always driving my Spider's with one eye in the rear-view mirror, especially the '74 with its weak brake lights. I feel a bit safer in the '87, but still, I see SUV and Truck bumpers coming at me that are well above the level of my trunk, and wonder if one day the inevitable will happen. The flashing lights generated by the above product seem like they might be an improvement, but I wonder if an idiot in an SUV will be confused as the flashing pattern continues while I'm waiting for a traffic light to go green. They also sell a license plate frame with a similar feature, and I wonder if it might be more appropriate, since the original brake lights won't be affected.

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/AutoLPFrames/autolp.asp

Anyone care to share some thoughts about these products?

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's