Re: [alfa] Another GTV 6 shift linkage question.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:56:46 -0600 Steve A <gtv2000@domain.elided> wrote:

> My new to me 82 GTV6 is really hard to get into first and second gear - you
> have to go way over to where my knee wants to be (I'm 6'3") and even then
> it's hit or miss.  Is this the bushing issue?  Any
> suggestions/solutions/sources?

the linkage changed 1/2 way through the GTV-6 model run, and your
car came from the factory with the older linkage. there are numerous
annoying things about the older one. i'd start by seeing if all the bolts
are tight.

many people replace the old linkage with the newer one.

richard