[alfa] Concorso Italiano- a perspective from the Midwest

I highly doubt that I came the furthest for this event, but a long trip it was from Chicago!  I met my buddy Karl Robrock and his Alfas in Fremont after flying in Thursday.  We spent Thursday night working on his 1991 Spider and one of his 4 164's, and throwing back some drinks.  It's amazing how long simple mechanical tasks take after a few drinks.  After finishing up a timing belt, some balljoints and suspension bushings, etc. we finally had two Alfas to drive to the event (as I refused to fly all that way to drive to Concorso in a Chevy van!).
I can't drive a Series 4 Spider (with all the interior trim and stuff being that I am 6' 5"- though my Series 2 is comfortable), so I enjoyed my first driving experience in a 164L (as I have only driven Q's and S's).  What a blast!  And plenty of power.
Only complaint for the Concorso:  the Ferrari owners and their spreads (and apparent attitudes)... flowers and magnum champaign bottles laying on on their trunks, etc.  Not sure I ever want to be part of that crowd.  Most of those cars just require $$ and don't really demonstrate any real sweat equity or true entusiasts zeal.  No issues with traffic as we pulled in around 7:30am (also experiencing the overheating Lambo Countach).
I don't get to see too many Alfas out here in Chicago, so it was amazing to be in CA and see so many Alfa enthusiasts and their cars.  I probably won't/can't get the green light from my wife to go back until Alfa is the featured marque (as in 1998 I am told).  Then I will drive out in my Spider or 164Q...
Does anyone know when Alfa will be featured again??
--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL