[alfa] RE: Concours Italiano

I did not stay for the entire weekend, but on Friday evening we stumbled
upon an interesting "parade" on Ocean Avenue in Carmel. I don't know if
they did this last year because this was the first time I have seen it, but
it looked like a variety of marques making the run up the hill from the
beach toward Hwy 1. Each car had a number, and cross traffic  was diverted
about 10 or 15 minutes while the parade was run. People were soon lining
the sidewalks.

As you know, Ocean Avenue is somewhat steep as it makes its way up from the
beach through Carmel. Well, let's just say that some of the drivers
regarded this "parade" as more of a "hillclimb" with some very spirited
acceleration to match. Anyway it was a crowd pleaser.

I was, uh, pleased to see that the guy who drives the batmobile had finally
graduated from his black, winged, Opel GT to a real Batman (1989) replica
batmobile. OK, I don't know for sure that it was the same guy but I'd be
willing to bet that it was.

Chris Robyn
SF Bay Area
'88 Milano Verde