[alfa] Re: Door not closing tight - 79 Spider

Steven,
It's a simple adjustment, assuming the screws will come loose.

Just slightly loosen the two big screws on the striker in the door jamb
(what the door latches to when closed).  Give it a light tap in the
direction you want the door to end up when closed (inward in your
case).  You will be able to see that the striker can move around for
the purpose of adjustment.
Just go a little ways. Retighten the two screws and try gently closing
the door (just don't go moving it as far as you can and then slam the
door on it!).

You will probably need to repeat a few times to get it right.

This will likely only work if everything is in good order overall (the
latch, hinges, alignment of the door to the body, etc.).

It really is easier than I have made it sound. Good luck.

Tony Martie
'78 Spider
Dallas, TX
http://tmpd.net