RE: [alfa] Euro Manifolds and Downpipes

> Only an Alfa owner would be seen dragging an exhaust pipe around an
> airport.  When I flew to Miami two years ago to get my '87 Spider, I had a

> large gym bag full of tools and spare parts that I wanted to carry on the
> plane.  The ticket agent made me empty the whole thing on the floor, and
> then still called in the special security guys to give me the full body
> search.  I almost missed the flight and had to check the bag, but of
> course, the Spider was worth the effort.

On more than one occasion, I've brought transmissions to the west coast from
the east coast as checked baggage (for a Sahines gear lightening).  68 lbs,
all packed up, only cost $50 as excess baggage.  It used to be free.

The last time, post 9/11, was not so easy.

They weigh a little less on the return trip..

;)

bs