[alfa] Re: (164) Pros and Cons : Ebay

From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [alfa] Pros and Cons : Ebay

... they send a
professional used car inspector person to look at and drive the car.
While this might have made sense for a 164, it's hard to say if their
used car-inspecting expertise would be of any use for a 2600 or a
Montreal.
I would think that a good tech could debug & evaluate the mechanical bits of
a simpler car (read as: any other Alfa) more easily than a 164.
The car seems pretty much as-described.  ... right now for its 50k mi
service, so we'll soon know if
it's going to be a money pit or not.

It's a 164.  It will be a money pit.
   On the other hand, it may be the best autostrada mafioso cruiser they have
ever driven!  Fix the seat heaters for your northern clime and have fun!
Also have them run it by Howard at Exoticars if they need anything while visiting
you.  Factory trained techs, straight shooters....

-mike mcmahon
86 graduate
94 164LS  (which I just figured out AFTER 2 YEARS has a touch screen factory
radio)