Re: [alfa] Pros and Cons : Ebay

I bought my car on ebay, sight unseen, and had a good transaction. When I went to pick it up, it was as described by the owner. I had talked to him directly over the phone and asked a lot of questions. He seemed honest and straightforward about the car. That said, my approach to buying a car on ebay was:

1. Expect it not to be as good as the pictures or description . . . . . bid accordingly.
2. If you're going to have to have it transported . . . . wack off what it's going to cost to transport off what you think the car is worth in the local area . . . . and bid accordingly.
3. Know that there will always be another car as good or better next week. Don't become emotional.
4. Be suspicious of flowery pumped-up adds.
5. Be even more suspicious of dealer ads.
6. Ask a lot of questions, especially about the type of title and cost to transfer ownership.