Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 12:54 PM 8/11/2004, you wrote:

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 03:17:38 -0700
From: Jon Pike <jhpike@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Euro Manifolds and Downpipes

Hi all..

Quick, late night question..

Has anyone converted their later, post 74 Spider to the 72-74 manifolds
and the corrisponding downpipe/resonator section?

Specifically,  my 77 has a cat setup,  and thereby a flanged end center
muffler to go on the other end of the cat.
The early type downpipe has the resonator/first muffler where the cat
would be,  and a slip joint to go to the non flanged version of the
center muffler.

I've been told both that the early downpipe wont line up with a cat type
center,  and that they will.   So, I'm trying to find someone who's
actually done this,  to see who's right,  and if it's a good idea or
not,  to buy a new center to go with it.

While I'm at it.. I'm still looking at various ways to come up with
affordably manufactured cat flanges,  so one could  (assuming the answer
is "they do line up") take a euro downpipe and have it cut and welded to
go to the cat for a bolt up conversion,  or other types of exhaust
creativity that might benifit from one.  So let me know if you are
interested in some of these..

Jon
77 Spider