[alfa] AutoDry Mr. Clean

It is a pain in the neck to run out of the special Mr. Clean soap when washing the fleet, so I tried filling the device with plain kitchen-sink Joy, which was on hand when I ran out. Works very well and probably at a fraction of the Mr.C price, which will be appealing to many of our so-called cheapo Alfisti. I personally believe the device is pretty good but the key (especially in our hard water/hot sun area) is the cartridge that deionizes the water. I still towel dry the cars but this isn't anything like using untreated water.

Sounds good.. I'm wondering how long that filtration cartridge lasts.. as well as how much to replace it?
Are we looking at the "Gillette" mode of sales here, (originally started by the razor magnate, now represented by the computer printers) or are they pretty reasonable?

The other thing, anybody try both this and the similar one mentioned months ago that one of the megastores was selling?

I grew up in LA, and if anything, Irvine water is worse than the SG Valley stuff I remember....

Jon