[alfa] Your new car

See Meng
Congratulations on your new car!! I've had a '73 for 8 years, and love her dearly.

For your brakes, the first think I would try is a flush with brand new fluid. If that does little, then an overhaul would be in order.

No need to really upgrade the brakes unless you are going to have severe duty- mine are dead stock, and I do track time and autocrosses without any issues.

You can easily replace all 4 calipers with rebuilt ones (done it a few times on various cars), a new master cyl and new flex lines for a reasonable amount of money.

While it can be intimidating, since they are the brakes- this is a job that a person can do themselves. Just be ready do drain all the fluid in each corner at the same time.

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm