[alfa] Underheating GTV

My GTV is now up and running after replacing a bad #1 piston and liner.  But
I can't get the coolant temp. to stay steady at around 175-180 F.  By
watching the gauge, you can see the temp. drop when the thermostat opens up
at 180.  If the car sits at idle, the temp will hold steady at 180 F but
then drop down when driving.

	I have noticed that the level in the radiator overfill tank will
rise by about an 1" or so even though the coolant temps are not that high.
My latest theory is that the radiator cap isn't up to snuff and allowing
coolant to go out of the radiator when the car's temp rises up to around 175
F or so.  Since the coolant pressure is low, the coolant can't heat up to
the proper temp.  But on the other side, if more coolant is going out of the
system, the temp should rise way above normal.

	Any ideas on this corundum??

	Bruce

	'73 GTV
	'86 Spider