From: Brian Shorey <bshorey@domain.elided>
Sent: Aug 5, 2004 8:11 PM
To: ALFAXTC@domain.elided, alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: RE: [alfa] 2004 AROC convention

> This year's AROC convention in NH was really great saw some
> out of this world conversions
>
> 74 GTV 5000 - GTV with a 302 V8 Mustang engine
>
> 85 Spider V6 twin turbo - Spider with a 3.0 Alfa V6 twin
> turbo making 400+ hp
>
> The only thing I was disappointed with was the lack of
> per-war Alfas.  No TZ's, 33's, only 3 Montreals, there was a
> real lack of rare Alfas.  I would of thought Larry Auriana
> would of sent some of his car over since this year was on the
> east coast.  Anyone else noticed that?

We (the organizers) noticed it.  It wasn't for lack of effort.  We contacted
a lot of people with a lot of nice Alfas (I don't know if Larry was on the
list or not).  I don't know what it is with rich people, they all have to be
eccentric or cantankerous as well?

In the end, one can only do so much to try to cater to these people (we
hired TWO private security guards specifically to address the concerns of
one of them, offered up free meals, registration, etc, and then he ended up
not coming..).

We finally gave up and focused on putting on what we hope was a great show
for the 'normal' folks.

Hope you all enjoyed it,

bs