[alfa] Need Help Removing Fuel Manifold

I need to remove the infamous right head on my 164 for a rebuild and am
having a  bear of a time getting the fuel injectors off.  The manual says to just
remove the four bolts and lift out the entire fuel manifold assembly.  The
injectors just don't want to come out of the heads.  I finally removed the spring
clips and after much pulling and wiggling the fuel rails came off the tops of
the injectors, but the injectors are still in the heads.  I can rotate them,
but they just don't want to come up and out.  I'm afraid if I apply any more
force I'm going to break something.    Does anybody know what's holding them in
and how I can free them?

Any advice is much appreciated.

T. Alfieri
1991 164