[alfa] worthless alfa digest emails

RIchard, apologies in advance.

The volume of worthless alfa digest email is sickening to me.  The mere
fact that there is no economic disincentive to post useless crap is a huge
contributor in my humble opinion.  At least with USPS, one must buy a
stamp, an envelope, and a piece of paper.  Not so with email-- once the
threshold for email access is reached, the marginal cost of posting
useless crap is zero and more important, posting it to an unlimited
audience is zero.

Richard, a suggestion if I may

For every posting, the poster would be invoiced for 50 cents.  At the end
of each period (month, quarter, etc) the poster would be required to pay
you for his/her postings.  The money would help to offset the cost of
running the digest, and would help cut down on useless crap.  If the users
did not pay for their postings, they get removed from the digest. I
presume that there is some automated process for getting a report from the
digest software that keeps track of postings-- if not, are there other
approaches?

If the volume of worthless crap continues, I will bail.

bob