[alfa] Re: wheels & stuff

I took an Alfetta GT to the wreckers yesterday, It had a set of Campy Five
spoke alloy rims 14x6 with 22 mm offsets with nearly new tires on them.  These
look similar to the the Spider but the 5 spokes are larger and carry down fully
to the tire bead. They had wheel locks on them and I didn`t bother fighting
with them past one hour of chisels & smokewrenches and trying welding lugnuts
on them.  And cussing like a f#@*ing sailer!   I told Bill Gulsby, the owner of
the lot (Fairfield Autoparts 850-457-3467, Pensacola Fl.) I would post this &
I`m sure he would sell cheap since it was free. He disposes of a lot of
scavenged Alfa`s for me. In it were a set of rust free doors with good interior
pannels, and a good hood.  The car was not very rusty either. Just decided it was
not destined to be a race car any more.  I took off the head & gutted the
transaxle, & the Shankle Short Shifter someone put in it. Probably the same
someone who put in new guibos without taking off the bands around them, and proudly
calls himself a member of this list.  Don`t write or call me `bout this mess
cause it`s "no my problem now" Rj