[alfa] re Berlina No Juice!

James,

I had exactly this same problem with my 1750 Berlina many years ago. In fact I would get intermittent power cuts as i was driving - very disturbing especially at night time!
Took a while to solve as it only happened every now and then. In the end i discovered by chance that where the main power wire came into the fuse box was partially broken. Can't remember exact details but when the power cut, I was able to get things going again by pushing on the fuse box and that was enough to limp home.

In the end I think I managed to dribble some solder down into the joint and everything was fine until the car was finally retired when the rust bug had taken its toll. I made that decision when I discovered that I couldn't open the back doors when I had a trailer hooked onto the tow bar! Still, only cost me $650 and I did get about 6 years service out of it and it has been a never ending source of spares for the GTV.

Warren Reid
Melbourne Australia
68 1750 GTV TS
86 Spider Veloce