Re: [alfa] Marchal 850 GT light question

Hi Andrew,

I don't know the 850 GT specifically, but am familiar with aux lights
from the era made by Marchal and Cibii to some extent.  Usually the
BULB was identical and the LENS was the differentiating factor between
driving/fog applications, particularly on the modular style lights
[non-sealed cases].

DRIVING lenses are generally mostly clear [you can see clearly all the
way to the reflector], and FOG lenses have multiple cuts in the front
glass to disperse the light over a wide pattern [making it very
difficult to see through to the reflector clearly, ususally many of
the cuts will be vertical creating a broad, wide beam].

HTH.  "daylight at the flip of a switch" - Cibii product literature  :-)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:00:32 -0400 , Watry, Andrew (LNG-SFR)
<andrew.watry@domain.elided> wrote:
> I have a set of rectangular Marchal 850 GT lights, probably from the mid to
> late 80s.  Are they supposed to be driving or fog lights?  Or can they be
> either, depending on the bulbs you install?  Whatever, they are, anyone
have
> a good used set of bulbs around for sale or trade?  Thanks
>
> Andrew Watry
>
> PS: Nice to see we're now the airconditioning (my fault) and
Microsoft/Apple
> urban myth (not my fault) digest.
> --

Cheers!
Hutson

J. Hutson Hart - ARA/DSAROC - 1991 Spider [white w/ HELLA quartz
replacements]
Petaluma, CA  94954-8530
primary ping: hutsonhart@domain.elided