[alfa] Spica backfire on decel - followup

As I had said previously, all adjustments and components were correct and it
wasn't anything due to my driving style. Someone had suggested that the
microswitch, though working, might be out of adjustment so I decided to hook a
test light in line with the cutoff circuit and drive the car to see just
exactly what rpm the fuel came back on at. The light never came on so I ran
one end to ground and it worked fine - the light went out at around 1300 rpm.

Turned out my cutoff solenoid was open. I'll admit that I hadn't checked it
figuring, what could go wrong with a solenoid? Besides, that's just too simple
- you always go for the most complicated part of the system first to maximize
your waste of time and money to the fullest :)

Anyway, when I bought this pump from Wes Ingram a few years ago I decided to
hang onto my core so I had an extra fuel cutoff solenoid.

Everything is working great now - no more backfire

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa - http://project-alfa.home.comcast.net/