[alfa] Re: Ever heard of Copy / Paste?

I'm sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. That
allegation is an urban myth, pure and simple. Apple PURCHASED some
ideas about GUI design and the use of a mouse to navigate from Xerox
PARC. Their in-house computer system, dubbed the 'Alto', used geometric
icons to represent files and a mouse to navigate through them, but when
Steve Jobs visited PARC and saw the system it was quite primitive. I
should know, I worked at PARC at the time and was part of the
demonstration. The 1981 Apple Lisa computer, which was the first result
of the kernel of an idea with which Jobs left the PARC demonstration
worked NOTHING like the Alto system, and the Macintosh, even less so.
So let's stop the myth of stolen "look and feel" right now, right here.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'