[alfa] Ever heard of Copy / Paste?

Don't know how Bill's stuff works. Don't really want to know. But guess since he stole the looks of Windows from Apple / Mac, his stuff probably has an equivalent of Command C (copy) / Command V (paste).

Ya know it Really wouldn't kill ya to start with a fresh sheet of paper when replying. On Netscape 7.0 it's called Compose. Key in "ad" (unless you have a bunch of friends whose name starts with ad) and AD <alfa-digest@domain.elided> should magically appear - assuming so since Bill also stole from Netscape. So far haven't wasted too many nanoseconds.

Here's the tricky one - are you capable of keying in the subject heading? If not, do a copy and paste on the subject heading.

Then do the same thing with the key portion of an email you're replying to. If it's long and difficult to sum up quickly by grabbing a small portion, then make reference as to whose Post you are replying to and give enough information so someone who has skipped the original will know what the hell you are talking about.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I see a lengthy quote followed by a piddley ass one sentence reply and feel the "author" is Lay-Z to the max.

Old style correctness: In spite of knowing our fearless leader doesn't subscribe to what I'm about to say, but...there really is a reason for capitalized letters. Easy to go back over copy to pick out the one sentence you are looking for. Easier to pick out a name you wanted to remember / refer to, etc.

otherwiseitlookslikeaseaofmush.

Whilst on a roll here: Also a good reason for including a name and at least a state, if not city and state. Including a country is also helpful. Could be mistaken but don't believe anyone outside of the US has ever commented on A/C. What is the "preferred" refrigerant in the EU for instance? But perhaps "they" have replied, but who would know?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

In the next issue we'll discuss Spell Checkers

Later there will be a test on all you've learned. Don't forget to bring your #2 pencils and a blue book.