[alfa] Only a matter of time... (ka-thunk)

... before something else goes wrong.  The motor is top notch, but now
there is a new and disturbing noise from under the car.  When driving
away in first gear, there is a very low pitch rumble and vibration that
stops once up to 2000 rpm.  Also, after the shifting of each gear and
during the release of the clutch, there is some clunking sounds.  Once
at speed, there are no problems.  I am guessing clutch, or less likely a
transmission problem.  I hoped and prayed that it was just a donut... no
luck.  Also, my rear wheels are still getting hot!  I've changed all the
brake lines, and the wheels turn with minimal drag.  Could this be a
bearing problem??

Thanks for advice and help,

Andy Menapace
Brandon, MS