Re: [alfa] Re: Spica problems on 74 Spider

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 15:08:26 -0400 ronewing <ronewing@domain.elided> wrote:

>     Hi guys.  A little more info, hoping for some bright ideas before I tear
> into it.  Symptoms: runs normal on cold start up, but after running to lunch
> a mile away and sitting for an hour it will barely run well enough to get me
> home - very little power, cutting out, a bit of backfiring, surging.  Feels
> like extreme lean running.  Failing fuel pump?

freshly armed with info from Wes Ingram's tech talk yesterday in
Manchester...

does your fuel pressure light go on? does it ever go on? it should
flicker briefly at startup, and if your rear fuel filter is clogged, it will
flicker to let you know. if it doesn't work, get it working, and then
you can tell if the problem is behind the sensor or in front of it.

given that you have a fresh filter in back, if the fuel pump were
weak, the fuel pressure light would be a good thing to have
working.

richard